One of the biggest questions that sometimes couples ask each other is whether they should actually go for an indoor or outdoor photo shoot session when it comes to their pre-wedding photographs. In my opinion, I prefer indoors. However, according to the hot favorite bridal photography firm in Singapore as rated by couples, their outdoor pre wedding packages are much more popular than any kind of indoor studio.
I interviewed them (Grandeur Wedding Studio) a few weeks ago, and what I found out was this:
- Most couples prefer outdoor photo shoots in Singapore because many of them who get their photos taken in Singapore really like the city skyline or beautiful places like the Gardens by the Bay or UNESCO Heritage Center – Botanic Gardens.
- For some reason, most young couples prefer free and open places. So they would want to have their photographs taken in a place where the background is nature or wide open spaces. They simply love these places and venues which give off these kind of feelings. Hence outdoors are a popular choice.
- Unless the indoor studio has very good choices of backgrounds which the couple can make use of, otherwise, if they were to go for outdoor shoots, they truly have a lot more choices (even though the sessions would naturally take much longer and more effort as well due to potential traveling from one part to another!)
- Couples like taking photographs next to or in front of famous monuments, buildings or beautiful places of nature rather than against random objects OR fake backgrounds. Although some of these indoor photo studios offer tremendous quality photo shoots with great backgrounds and props, for some reason, couples still prefer outdoor. This is what they observed.
- Lastly, outdoor shoots are usually cheaper because some top photographers choose not to rent a studio / physical place. Because rental in Singapore (especially for commercial properties) can be truly expensive, by not renting monthly, these studios would be able to bring forward savings to their customers. Because most young couples are still working, they prefer having a more affordable company versus a high-end indoor one. They would rather quality photos but without the high prices that sometimes / usually come along with studios.